1. RankBrain focuses on two things:
- How long someone spends on your page (Dwell Time)
- The percentage of people that click on your result (Click Through Rate)
2. Become a CTR Jedi
- Google is crowding out the organic search results with Answer Boxes, Ads, Carousels, ?People also ask? sections, and more.
- And to stand out in the SERPs, your result needs to scream ?click on me!?? or else it?ll be ignored.
3. Rank Content In The Featured Snippet
- First, find Featured Snippet opportunities
Your first step is to find:
1. Keywords that you already rank for
2. Keywords that have a Featured Snippet
- Next, create ?Snippet Bait?
- ?Snippet Bait? is a 40-60 word block of content specifically designed to rank in the Featured Snippet spot.
- Finally, format your content for other types of Featured Snippets.
- Snippet Bait works best for so-called ?Paragraph Snippets?.
4. Comprehensive, In-Depth Content Wins
- How To Write Comprehensive, In-Depth Content
- So: how can you write the type of in-depth content that Google wants to see?
- First, publish content that?s at least 2,000 words. That way, you can cover everything a Google searcher needs to know about that topic.
- In fact, our ranking factors study found that longer content (like ultimate guides and long-form blog posts) outranked short articles in Google.
5. Optimize for Google’s Mobile-First Index
How to Optimize for Google?s Mobile-First Index: 3 Simple Steps
- Make Your Content Consistent Across Desktop and Mobile
- Move From m. to Responsive Design
- Make Sure Your Site Kicks Butt On Mobile
6. Go All-In With Video (Or Get Left Behind)
- Tap Into YouTube
- More and more people are searching for stuff on YouTube? and skipping Google altogether.
- So if you want to get more traffic from SEO in 2019, I recommend creating and optimizing content specifically for YouTube.
- It?s a search engine that?s too big to ignore.
- Embed Video Content Into Text-Based Blog Posts
7. Optimize for Voice Search
- First, your content needs to rank high in the search results.
- Next, it helps A LOT if your content appears in a Featured Snippet.
- Finally, include a question (and answer) in your content.
8. Don’t Forget: Content and Links Are Key
- Without amazing content, you?ll never get links. And without link building, you won?t crack the first page.
- Quality content and links will still be the foundation of SEO in 2019.
9. Quick Tips for SEO in 2019
- A focus on E-A-T. (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness). Google wants to feature content written by experts.
- Create Visual Content (Especially ?Embeddable Images?). Just like video, visual content is growing fast. In fact, a recent poll found that 37% of marketers stated that visual marketing was the most important form of content for their business. ?Embeddable Images? can do just as well as a fancy info-graphic?if not better.
- Encourage Comments on Your Site
Do blog comments help your rankings?
The answer seems to be: ?YES!?.
In fact, Google stated that community (blog comments) can help ?a lot? with rankings.
And last year Google said that ?Comments are better on-site for engagement signals for SEO than moving to social.?